A home is much more than what’s under the roof. People who are eager to build a new home realize this when they work with LaBram Homes and discover the possibilities available to them in creating the home of their dreams.
They soon see that they can also shape their outdoor areas as a continuation of their indoor living spaces. We’ve had the pleasure of working with homeowners who discover the benefits of creating a seamless transition between their indoor and outdoor living areas. Here are some of the benefits to focusing on the area beyond your patio doors.
Seamless indoor/outdoor living
When it comes to our homes, we tend to think in terms of indoor and outdoor activities. However, with an indoor/outdoor living space, you’re breaking down those barriers and redefining their borders. You’re also adding space, functionality, and options for enjoyment.
- Expand your living area. Large sliding glass doors bring in the light and make it easy to see activities inside and out. They offer quick access between spaces. One option is to recess your sliding glass doors into a wall “pocket” so you can’t see the doors at all when they are open to the outdoors, completely turning the two spaces into one large open area. Another tip to enlarging a space: Use the same tile for the interior and exterior, creating a visually seamless experience between spaces.
- More room to mingle. Indoor/outdoor design is about making an easy, inviting transition between spaces. Instead of seeing the indoors and outdoors as separate, you invite others and yourself to experience them as one large area. Accordion or bifold patio doors deliver the same amazing views you get with sliding glass doors but they can open fully, giving you an uninterrupted view outside. Fold these doors and you invite guests to roam and enjoy more of the surroundings.
As you’ll see, you and your guests will want to make use of this spaciousness so you can all enjoy the entertaining features you’ve added to these areas.
Add some multi-functionality to your outdoor lifestyle
It’s your home and your rules. So why not bring many of the traditionally inside comforts to the outdoors? Some appealing features includes:
- An entertainment system. Whether it’s gameday or movie night, you can bring the enjoyment outdoors with a Smart TV, audio speakers, and Wi-Fi system.
- An outdoor kitchen and bar take you far beyond the backyard barbecue. These are great features for those who like to entertain but also want the extra space when serving drinks or creating their culinary specialties with a built-in grill and pizza oven. Having an outdoor cooking area is also a pleasure when you want to enjoy the beautiful weather while preparing a meal.
- An outdoor living space with fire pit. Features like these bring everyone together for relaxation and conversation. These areas are often designed so that they can be used any time of year.
- Need therapy for those aching muscles at the end of the day? Or maybe you just want to relax in the water. Having a spa is another great way to enjoy the company of family and friends or get some much needed “me time.”
Enjoy the beauty of your property
When you have a sweeping view of the outdoors, it makes sense to increase the beauty of that view. Through landscaping, you’re creating a healthy environment that is also beautiful to observe and be a part of.
- Use materials like granite and natural stone to enhance the beauty of your spaces. Because they are common indoor and outdoor design elements, granite and stone will blend your spaces into one large, aesthetically pleasing experience.
- Plant lush greenery and tropical plants that are native to Florida. Besides being beautiful to look at, native plants reduce your need to spend on irrigation. They are also better suited to survive our state’s heat, rains, and periods of drought.
Talk to LaBram about customizing your outdoor spaces
We like to remind our clients that a home is more than just the house. It’s the entire property, and it should reflect your values and creature comforts. You don’t have to wait until after your home is finished to create the experience you want. At LaBram Homes, our designers and builders can address your preferences from the very beginning of your home design.
Other homebuilders may only care about building the house itself. We want you to be happy with everything, so talk to us about how you see your home taking shape and how you would like the spaces to feel.