Are you in the market for a new home but struggling to find the perfect one that fits your budget? Due to the steep rise in home prices over the past few years and the limited inventory of existing homes for sale, building may be the more attractive option for a growing number of Americans.
Building a custom home from scratch generally makes the most sense in areas where home prices are high, and according to a new report from storage unit listing service StorageCafe, the states where it’s best to build a home tend to be the West and the South Atlantic. Florida is one of these states and ranks ninth on the list of best states for building based on the difference in cost compared to buying. In Florida, it costs an average of $76,000 less to build a custom home than to buy an existing house.
Building a custom home can be an excellent option for homebuyers who are looking for a personalized and unique living space. With a custom home, you have full control over the location, design, layout, and finishes of your new home.
Top Reasons to Build a Custom Home in Florida
- The Florida Building Code ensures that all buildings are built to the highest standard in order to ensure the safety and security of its inhabitants, therefore providing homebuyers with peace of mind and assurance that their homes are built to stand the test of time.
- Florida has a limited inventory of existing homes for sale. With fewer options on the market, homebuyers are often forced to pay higher prices for homes that may not meet their specific needs or preferences.
- The cost of land in Florida is relatively affordable compared to other areas of the country.
- Florida has a favorable climate for construction; therefore we are able to build all year long and get homes built faster.
- The cost of materials in Florida is also relatively low. This is due to the fact that Florida is a major producer of many of the materials used in construction, such as concrete.
Building a custom home in Florida offers a variety of other benefits, including choosing your preferred location, enjoying Florida’s warm climate nearly year-round, and being able to select the quality and materials used in the construction process. Florida is also home to some of the most sought-after communities and neighborhoods, making it an ideal location for building a custom home.
We know the process of building a custom Florida home can seem daunting at first. If you’re still trying to figure out whether building a home vs renovating a home works better for you, you’ll want to do your research and consider all the key factors.
Contact a custom home builder like LaBram Homes to explore your options together. Our seven-step process and expertise in Florida home construction will turn the home of your dreams into reality.