Ready or not, the new year is just around the corner. As we head in 2022, we’re going to share some of the design trends we’re seeing here at LaBram Homes. These are based on our own experience and that of our customers.
Area for Working from Home
The COVID-19 pandemic saw many businesses and their employees shift to working from home. Nearly two years into the pandemic, we’ve discovered how successful and productive we can be without going to a traditional office.
What started as a disruption has now become the new normal. Millions of people aren’t going back to the office because there’s no need to. Or they may run the type of businesses that are driven by services and don’t require a traditional storefront.
Whatever the reasons, some of our customers have been asking for an office to be a part of their design. Such work-from-home spaces can be:
- A room designed to be an office space, complete with outlets for a computer and other electronics
- A separate room added onto the garage or above the garage
Staying Connected to Nature
Bringing nature indoors or just staying connected to the environment can be easy in a custom design. And it takes advantage of the Florida lifestyle.
In one sense, you can capture that natural look through materials like wood and stone.
You can also have a seamless indoor/outdoor transition that is so valuable to living in Florida, where we have the ability to entertain throughout the year. Some elements that make a seamless transition between indoors and outdoors:
- Accordion style patio doors make entertaining a breeze all year round.
- Pool and/or hot tubs are another focal point of the Florida lifestyle and often the center of attention when entertaining guests. Plan to add these to your future back yard so you can enjoy the outdoors – and cool off – whenever you want.
- Large windows are one of the easiest ways to connect with nature. They offer a widescreen view of your landscape and surrounding areas. Plus, they bring in a lot of sunlight whenever you need or want it.
With people working from home, they expect to be able to quickly unwind. These rec rooms might be:
- An addition onto the garage
- A home gym
- A play room
Consider having two of these areas – one for the adults and one for the kids. A safe play area can be an especially good investment for families who are expecting or have energetic toddlers.
Many people are asking LaBram for multi-story homes. Some of these are two and three-story constructions, and people are even requesting four-story homes now. Why so high? Here are a few reasons:
- Space limitations. You’ve found the perfect location, but you don’t have a lot of room to “spread out.” That’s where you adapt by building up!
- The view is great. Where do you go when you want a better view? Up, of course. In Florida, our great views are often those overlooking the water. That’s why so many homes built along the beach are multi-story. Expect our beach areas to become even more popular than they already are: Earlier in 2021, travelers on TripAdvisor ranked St. Pete Beach the number one beach in the U.S.
Let’s Build Your Custom Home
At LaBram Homes, we are experts at creating homes that meet your every need and comfort level. Contact us, and let’s plan to make 2022 the year of your new home.