A new year has arrived and we’d like to offer you some ideas for creating your custom home. Here are some of the top trends we expect to see when it comes to custom homes in 2023. Consider these as you make notes about what you want your ideal home to be.
- Maximize your square footage. At LaBram Homes, we typically build homes of 4,000+ square feet, so we have a lot of experience creating homes that have a spacious feel and that balance functionality with aesthetics. With more room, you can enjoy spaces that are airy, bright, and peaceful and that flow into each other. You’ll also have more room for multifunctional spaces (see below).
- Luxurious outdoor living/entertaining spaces. The larger the outdoor space, the more room you and your guests have to spread out and mingle. It also gives you the space you need for an outdoor kitchen, bar, entertainment area – whatever you can think of. Large areas like these help make a seamless transition between the indoors and outdoors.
- Expansive pantries. The pantry is more than a closet where you store the food that doesn’t make it into the cabinets. Walk-in pantries make it easy to find whatever you want at a glance, including row after row of your favorite foods, spices, and more. Use them for wine storage, an extra refrigerator, an extra sink, items you buy in bulk, and workstations where you can try out new recipes. You’ve also got a bright, well-lit room to store your plates, dry pastas, and multipacks of soda or juice boxes for the kids.
- Colorful kitchens. We’re seeing a lot of two-tone designs across kitchen cabinets, such as navy for the lower cabinets with white cabinets for the upper cabinets. By adding just the right amount of color and contrast, you’ll turn a large kitchen – one of the most frequently used rooms in your home – into a welcome destination.
- Multifunctional use areas. Large homes are well-suited to serving a variety of purposes and activities. Consider a workspace that doubles as a gaming room or exercise gym. An office during the week might turn into a guest bedroom when relatives visit for the holidays or weekend. We can show you plenty of examples that will spark your imagination.
- Large windows for natural light. This design element is especially attractive if you live in a waterfront home and want to maximize the view. The beautiful outdoors becomes a decorative element within your new home as you bring in nature and its warm tones. You’ll also rely on sunlight for longer into the day before needing to turn on your indoor lighting.
Get to know the LaBram custom home building process
When we build a custom home for you, we start with two main steps: discovery and design. Let’s briefly walk you through each of them:
1. The discovery meeting.
This is the initial meeting with your builder to determine the following:
- The size of your new home
- Its location
- Number of rooms
- Style of home
- Time frame for design, build, and completion
2. The design.
This is where we take your vision and draft design plans that meet your specifications for each floor plan. All those trends you looked at and thought, “I want that, too” — you’ll see them take shape. During this stage, we’ll work closely with you so that you can be as active as you want to be in the design of your home. This design process usually takes between three and six months, which ensures you get the home you want.
With the design complete, we can then move confidently on to the other steps that enable us to build your home:
- Specification meeting
- Ground breaking
Create your home with LaBram
We hope this look at the possibilities for creating your new home has inspired you to jot down some notes. Want to share your ideas and get our professional guidance? We’re here to help. To begin designing your custom home, contact us today for a complimentary discovery meeting with our team of experts.